South Riverwoods Polling Location Change
2016 is an important year where all Americans who are properly registered will let their voice be heard by voting.
Some Riverwoods residents will be traveling to a new location to cast that vote this year. Because of the planned upcoming renovations to Village Hall, residents in precinct 287 who have cast their ballots at the Village Hall in the past will have a change of location for this year. Instead of going to Village Hall, your polling place will be the Chevy Chase Country Club located at 1000 N. Milwaukee in Wheeling.
You may have recently received a new voter registration card in the mail. If so, this card has your polling place printed on it. If you have not received a voter’s registration card in the mail, or if you have any questions concerning voting, you may wish to contact the Lake County Clerk’s office at 847-377-2410. You may also visit the official Lake County government site at countyclerk.lakecountyil.gov.
The Lake County site has all of the information concerning the upcoming elections and your rights.
Voter’s Bill of Rights
You have the right to:
- Cast your ballot in a non-disruptive atmosphere free of interference.
- Vote if you’re in line by 7 PM.
- Vote by provisional ballot if your registration is not found.
- Vote at your old polling place if you have moved within 30 days of the election.
- Request assistance in voting, if qualified.
- Bring newspaper endorsements or sample ballots into the voting booth, but take them with you when you finish voting.
- Protect the secrecy of your ballot.
- Receive a new ballot if you make a mistake or change your mind.