September 15, 2018 1:00 pm
Location 300 Portwine Road Deerfield, IL 60015
NOTICE OF PUBLIC INFORMATION MEETINGS ON PHASE II OF CAMPUS PLAN – “FLATWOODS HERITAGE CENTER”
Public Meetings for Presentation and Public Comment on Wednesday, September 12 at 7:00 pm and Saturday, September 15 at 1:00 pm on 320 Project and OSLAD Grant. The working title of the project is “Flatwoods Heritage Center.”
1. The Village of Riverwoods Portwine Municipal Campus consists of three contiguous properties: 300 Portwine -Village Hall; 320 Portwine-North of Village Hall; and the property immediately east of the Village Hall along Chianti Lane. The Village wishes to develop these properties to add important amenities to the Village and enhance opportunities currently unavailable to the residents in a manner consistent with the character of the Village of Riverwoods.
2. Currently, we are considering how best to develop the area at 320 Portwine and the several acres immediately west of the new Village Hall.
3. Among the elements contemplated in the plan are:
• Pathways, picnic areas, public gathering spaces, etc.
• Wetland protection, woodland restoration
• Self-guided nature walks
• Natural recreation areas
• Child-oriented gathering space
• Adult-oriented gathering space
• Educational and demonstration areas
4. Virtually none of these elements currently exist in the Village.
5. The projected cost for this development is approximately $1,250,000.
6. If approved, the project will be paid for from capital reserves. No bonds or tax increases will be necessary.
7. In addition, to help pay for this project, the Village will be applying for an Open Space Land Acquisition and Development (OSLAD) grant for up to $400,000 in matching funds. We will also be seeking donations.
8. If you cannot make either meeting, informational exhibits will be at the Village Hall from September 12 to September 19, together with comment sheets.